1.0 The Policy
This Policy applies to (1) our staff, who are direct employees of Salute, hired to deliver services directly or indirectly for our clients, (2) users of our website and applications listed in the Appendix (the “Apps”), (3) our job applicants and candidates interested in a career with Salute, (4) representatives of our business partners, clients, and suppliers.
This Policy describes the types of personal data or personal information we collect, how we use the information, how we process and protect the information we collect, how long we store it, with whom we share it, to whom we transfer it, and individual rights regarding the use of their personal data. We also describe how you can contact us about our privacy practices and to exercise your rights. Our privacy practices conform to local regulations, including provisions of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2.0 Information We Collect
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer hard drive or mobile device when you visit the site. This information enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- contact information like name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
- username and password when you register in our Apps;
- other information you may provide to us through the “Contact” or
- employment history;
- education history;
- languages and proficiency;
- work-related skills;
- national identifier or government-issued identification number such as Social Security Number;
- date of birth;
- bank account information;
- citizenship and work authorization status;
- benefits information;
- tax-related information;
- information provided by references;
- military and marital status;
- your resume or C.V. information; and
- other information about your qualifications for employment.
Upon explicit consent we may collect (as permitted by local regulations):
- disabilities and health-related information;
- results of drug tests; and
- criminal and other background checks.
3.0 How We Use the Information
- extend employment opportunities;
- creating and managing accounts for our Apps;
- responding to individual inquiries and claims;
- processing payroll and supplier payments;
- build, foster and manage business partner, client, and supplier relationships;
- where permitted by local regulations and consistent with this Policy, to inform about available positions and other communications;
- where permitted by local regulations and consistent with this Policy, for communicating about, and administering participation in special events, surveys, contests, market research, promotions, surveys and contests;
- operating and improving our business, which may include but is not limited to developing, enhancing, analyzing, and improving our services; managing our communications; data analytics; accounting; audit; and other internal functions;
- protecting against, identifying, and seeking to prevent fraud, unlawful activities, claims and other liabilities; and
- complying with applicable regulations; contractual obligations and our own internal policies.
- extending job opportunities and work;
- providing HR services to you, including but not limited to administration of benefit programs, payroll, performance management, disciplinary investigations or actions;
- and providing additional services such as training.
4.0 Use of Automated Data Collection
- Technical Cookies: these are cookies that are either: used solely to carry out or facilitate the transmission of communications over a network; or strictly necessary to provide an online service (e.g., our website or a service on our website) which you have requested.
- Profiling Cookies: these are cookies aimed at creating profiles based on preferences shown by the user during navigation and some local and European legislation requires users to be informed on their use to give valid consent.
5.1 Third-Party Cookies, Widgets, Plug-ins, and Apps
We may employ third-party cookies, apps, tools widgets and plugins on our Apps, such as social media sharing tools, and analytics services, which may also use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. Subject to applicable local regulations, Salute is not responsible for these providers’ information practices.
To the extent required by applicable local regulations, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or other similar automated means.
5.2 How We Use Information Collected through Automated Means
Information collected through cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other automated means is used to:
- customize the users’ use of our Apps;
- delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner our users use our Sites;
- managing our Apps and other aspects of our business, including but not limited to, sharing information with our customers as part of services delivered.
We process personal data we collect for the purposes defined above and for a specified period, to ensure that personal data is not kept longer than necessary.
We maintain administrative and technical safeguard to protect personal data against unauthorized, unlawful, or accidental destruction, alteration, access, disclosure, loss or use. Adequate security and confidentiality of personal data is supported by the following measures where possible:
- encryption of data in transit;
- and strong user authentication controls.
7.0 Data Retention Period
We store personal data to help us identify data subjects for no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which the data is collected, or for which the data may be further processed.
8.0 Personal Data We Share
We do not disclose personal data we collect, except as described in this Policy or in separate notices provided for specific purposes or activities. We may share personal data with suppliers that perform services on our behalf. We do not authorize these suppliers to use or disclose personal data except when necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with local regulations.
We may disclose personal data if required by law or for legal proceedings; to law enforcement or government officials based on a lawful disclosure request; and if we believe such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss; or if related to an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal data in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets (including reorganization, liquidation, or dissolution).
9.0 Data Transfers
On occasion we may transfer personal data collected to countries outside of the country where the data was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection regulations. As we transfer personal data to other countries, we will protect that data as described in this Policy and the transfers will follow applicable local regulations. Data may be transferred within or outside of the European Economic Area.
10.0 Your Rights
Where authorized by applicable local regulations and under GDPR, a data subject may exercise the following rights pertaining to personal data:
- Right to access: you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold, together with other information about the processing of the personal data.
- Right to rectification: you may request the rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal data to protect its accuracy.
- Right to erasure: you may request the Data Controller erases personal data and to no longer process that data.
- Right to restrict or object to processing: you may request the Data Controller no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or object to processing personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to request the Data Controller to provide you or a third-party data controller with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used format.
- Right to withdraw consent: whenever data processing is based on consent as described in Article 7 of the GDPR, you may withdraw your consent to the Data Controller processing of personal data at any time.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: you have the right to lodge a complaint with an applicable supervisory authority; in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes GDPR.
11.0 How To Contact Us
To exercise any of the rights set out above, or if you have questions or concerns about how we process your data, please write to us at email@example.com or via post at
Salute Mission Critical
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
9779 S. Franklin Dr.
Franklin, WI 53132
United States of America
12.0 Appendix – “Apps” – List of Websites, Applications and Third-Party SaaS Suppliers
- Zoho CRM Plus
- Zoho Forms
- Microsoft 365
- ADP Workforce Now
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Sage Intacct