Across the data centre industry – from deployment, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning – Salute Mission Critical is the industry leader of delivering global data centre services executed with military precision.
At Salute, we don’t have employees. We have team members. It’s our culture, and it’s a significant driver of the success we’re able to deliver for our clients. This team-oriented culture is defined by transparent communication, collaborative development and deployment of procedures and best practices, a customer service mindset both internally and externally, and a strong commitment to safety. Join us as a Site Manager in Leeds.
The Site Manager is responsible for managing the infrastructure in the assigned data centre, in conjunction with the Country Operations Manager to ensure optimum performance by implementing and supervising the Planned Preventative Maintenance programme. The Site Manager is accountable for ensuring management of facilities services through third party contractors, or via direct staff. Furthermore, overseeing the cleanliness through third party contractors, managing site budget and managing maintenance costs.
- Maintenance and repair of existing infrastructure
- Monitoring of energy efficiency and proactively seek & record savings
- Monitoring of all infrastructure
- Writing of standard and emergency operations procedures and training of operatives’ staff
- Installation of new infrastructure
- Day to day site running including site security
- Completing capacity reporting
- Available for out of hours planned and reactive support.
- Liaise with Landlord representatives
- Identifies team technical and professional development and training.
- Day to day team leading of others 3rd parties on site
- Small works requests
- Site cost controlling (including PO raising)
- Energy Efficiency
- Apply Site Health & Safety rules
- Reports for customers (power, temperature, humidity…)
- Sales and commercial support including bid support and site tours
- Support Site Capex forecasting
- Support Site plant performance trending
- Supporting ISO14001 (Environmental) ISO27001 (Information Security Management System)
- Degree level in Electrical or Mechanical engineering, or equivalent level of job experience
- Membership of relevant professional body (desirable)
- Excellent Inter-personnel skills
- Personal drive, highly self-motivated and organised
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent Team Player and ability to work in an international team
- Flexibility and creativity
- Willingness to travel between data centres on a regular basis
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Demonstrate critical thinking and innovation in approaching traditional data centre problems and emergent challenges.
- Full driving licence
If your professional growth and compensation trajectory are restricted in any way, consider –
- Stepping into a role with a nationally recognised leader in the Mission Critical market
- Working with an employer who maintains a corporate philosophy to hire only our nation’s best
- Who invests in and are unilaterally committed to continuing the enrichment of their employees
If you have what it takes to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment we welcome the opportunity to provide more detail and explore your current situation and interests.
Military experience is preferred.