The Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to be an integral member of a small, high-performing finance team. This individual will gain broad experience a rapidly growing international organization and will have the opportunities to participate in and support a new ERP implementation in the first year, work with all levels of leadership, and receive targeted one-on-one training.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will work closely with the Finance staff in supporting transactional accounting processing (including coding transactions and monthly reconciliations), bill payment, general accounting tasks, and handling full-cycle accounting for all of Salute’s operations. This individual will also support other members in the Accounting Department in the monthly closing process and financial data analysis, as well as providing back-up support for all areas of the company as needed.
• Preparation of journal entries, data entry and posting, on a monthly or as needed basis, to ensure integrity of the general ledger and financial statements.
• Timely reconciliation of various accounts.
• Audit preparation, planning and completion of PBC’s, required schedules and financials.
• Ensure that all transactions are made in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Federal and State guidelines.
• Assist in the development of documentation, implementation and improvement of financial policies and procedures.
• Research, track and resolve accounting issues with minimal supervision.
• Advise the Controller on accounting issues.
• Work independently, with broadly defined work objectives and limited review of overall results.
• Prepare various financial statements and reports for the clients, auditors, regulatory agencies, and others both internal and external to the organization.
• Participate in the maintenance of accurate financial records in accordance with GAAP and facilitate information flow by working collaboratively with other organizational departments.
• Analyze and recommend accounting and financial reporting improvements with a goal of using systems effectively and efficiently while maintaining a high level of accuracy and strong internal controls.
• This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
• 3-4 years of professional accounting experience preferred.
• Comfortable troubleshooting and researching complex problems independently and recommending a course of action.
• Comfortable working in a wide variety of sub-disciplines (e.g., G/L, tax, process improvement, etc.)
• Comfortable researching and learning independently.
• Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to work both independently and with teams in a deadline and detail-oriented environment.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to interpret, reconcile, comprehend, and perform research on accounting records.
• Ability to deal sensitively with confidential data and use sound judgment is a must.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail in daily work.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships and function as a team player.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including Excel and Outlook
• Proficient in the use of an ERP accounting system with the ability to adapt computer skills to new systems.
Job Type: Full-time