Salute Mission Critical
This position exhibits excellent customer services skills and allows passengers to board, travel and alight at scheduled stops.
• Safely operate transit bus in strict compliance with client policies, guidelines and procedures, as well as follow all State and Federal traffic laws and regulations.
• Follow safety rules as passangers board and exit buses
• Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
• Check the condition of a vehicle’s tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
• Maintain order during trips to ensure safety.
• Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
• Drive multi-passenger vehicles to transport team to off-site locations
• Prepare and submit reports that may include the number of passengers or trips, hours worked, mileage, fuel consumption, etc.
• Keep bus interiors clean for passengers.
• Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
• Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
• Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilation systems for passenger comfort.
• Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record Knowledge and Skills Required
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid CDL Class B License with “P” Endorsement with no Air Brake restriction (or valid CDL permit 14 days prior to start date or transfer date).
• No more than one (1) moving violation and four (4) points on Motor Vehicle Report during the three (3) years prior to date of application.
• No revocation or suspension of a driver’s license as a result of a moving violation during the three (3) years prior to date of application.
• No OWI’s (Operating While Intoxicated) during the five (5) years prior to date of application, and no more than one (1) OWI within the last fifteen (15) years prior to date of application.
• Stable work history with excellent attendance and punctuality record.
• Successful completion of pre-employment testing.
• Operation Monitoring – Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Public Safety and Security – Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
• Operation and Control – Controlling operations of equipment or systems. • Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
• Transportation – Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
• Equipment Maintenance – Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
• Ability to tolerate varying temperatures including heat, cold and precipitation while inspecting exterior of bus.
• Ability tolerate varying temperatures including excessive heat and cold while operating bus.
• Ability to climb stairs, reach above shoulder level, walk, bend, stoop, lift, push and pull without assistance.
• Ability to operate pedals.
• Ability to sit without discomfort for an extended period of time.
• Ability to fit behind the steering wheel with adequate clearance.
• Ability to work in an environment with dust, exhaust fumes, diesel fuel, oil, grease and various noise levels.
• Physical requirements are those described light work exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects.
• Ability to pass a physical with drug screen
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $24.00 per hour