Salute Mission Critical
Clients around the world rely on Salute to deploy, manage, and decommission data center sites with consistent high-quality results. Our ability to recruit, train, and support our teams is unique and applied in a highly effective manner to fulfill our client’s requirements globally. Salute Mission Critical specializes in transforming veterans and their spouses into class-leading data center professionals whenever possible and, as a result, is now a premier IT Data Center Lifecycle services company.
A BMS Field Application Engineer works directly on the project team to perform project commissioning, software integration, startup, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and service.
Activities will include programming and reconfiguration of systems. Hands-on activity may involve minor wiring (final terminations at sensors and panels) and/or installation of sensors.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manages and services multiple projects communicating status and/or risks to the project team.
Software integration and configuration to communicate to field devices and manipulate data in systems.
- Commissioning, graphics, programming, test, and startup. Uses a variety of software. Provides customer training and maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with staff, as needed, and providing customer feedback.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekdays, as required by project timelines.
- Some travel within territory, but overnight stays are rare (<10%).
- Strong working knowledge of Modbus, SNMP, and BACnet communication protocols. Strong working knowledge of control programming and graphics for control systems. DGLux or Block Programming experience is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of field wiring and terminations according to RS-485, RS-232, and Ethernet standards.
- Basic knowledge of air conditioning systems, energy management systems, HVAC systems, and temperature controls.
- Basic knowledge of power meters and installation. Experience with control panel assembly.
- Basic knowledge of electrical single line diagrams.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Google products, programming, and engineering drawing tools.
- Experience operating in a construction site/environment. Familiarity with the concepts of new construction, renovation/retrofit, and service projects.
- Knowledgeable of control software systems. Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of electricity and electrical principles.
The role is a full-time position and your base salary will be commensurate with experience but is expected to be highly competitive. The opportunity is located in Northern Virginia and will include business travel as needed to meet business demands.
If your professional growth and compensation trajectory is restricted in any way, consider:
- Stepping into a Data Center Site Representative role with a nationally recognized leader in the Mission Critical market
- Working with an employer who maintains a corporate philosophy to hire only our nation’s best
- Working with an employer who invests in and are unilaterally committed to continuing the enrichment of their employees
If you have what it takes to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment I welcome the opportunity to provide more detail and explore your current situation and interests.
PREFERRED: Military experience
Job Type: Full-time