Salute Mission Critical
As the Data Center Operations Administrator & Planner you will report to the Regional Datacenter Operations Manager, whilst collaborating with Data Center Site Managers and Data Center Operators to implement consistent maintenance and coordination programs across the regional datacenter sites.
As the Data Center Operations Administrator, you will support the Regional Data Centre Operations Manager and collaborate with peers, clients, vendors and other relevant stakeholders to schedule and implement all of the critical equipment maintenance scheduling programs, and tasks at all datacenters within the region. Where necessary and required, you will assist with the build out, onboarding and operationalizing of new datacenter capacity. At times, depending on how this impacts your own responsibilities, you will participate in the incident and outage process to ensure proper root cause analysis and appropriate follow-up with affected site contacts. This role calls for a balance of leadership, influence skills, supportive individual contributions, exceptional planning and coordination, and expertise in enterprise-level operations.
This role will give you the opportunity to expand your skills and experience working within mission-critical environments, which may include diverse wholesale and colocation data center clients. This role coordinates and manages the technical, security, mechanical, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) systems and operations of Salute’s services portfolio for our Montreal-based client.
To excel in this role you will need experience in data center facilities operations and a general understanding of HVAC, electrical, large chillers, diesel generators, cooling towers, UPS systems, large batteries, and more. You may be in front of customers, so you’ll also need to be able to present yourself well and have excellent English language communication skills. Ability to communicate in French will be considered an advantage. You will take full ownership of all site schedules and administration requirements, as it relates to operations and maintenance, for which you are responsible. It will be important to take a customer-centric approach, building a sense of collaborative partnership, and offering guidance and coaching to your team. You must be able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines, as well be able to support some regional operational requirements. Your understanding of, and experience in, equipment maintenance requirements, planning scheduling and execution will be of a high level. You will be the driving force behind the successful completion of all maintenance requirements for the sites.
If your professional growth and compensation trajectory are restricted in any way, consider:
- Stepping into a Data Center Site Representative role with a nationally recognized leader in the Mission Critical market
- Working with an employer who maintains a corporate philosophy to hire only the best
- Who invests in and are unilaterally committed to continuing the enrichment of their employees
In alignment with our Salute values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
Core Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Empowering a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspects of data center activities
• Establish and enhance strong working relationships with customers, vendors, 3rd -party support and internal and external stakeholders
• Oversee the day-to-day administration and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment in a data centers and coordinate those functions in a constructive and high-performance manner
• Ensure that electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the datacenter is maintained at peak efficiency
• Participate and contribute to the drafting and audits of MOPs, SOPs, EOPs, checklists and evaluation documents to ensure quality and accuracy, and conformance with company and regulatory standards
• Management of complex and integrated maintenance projects from conception to completion
• The ability to create effective administration, planning, scheduling and successful execution of maintenance programs
• Communicate with internal and external customers and with vendors alike.
• A demonstrated commitment to customer service
• Administering, planning and coordinating all data center maintenance services, logistics, and deployment
• Ensure routine reporting for critical infrastructure that covers SLA expectations of our clients, including analysis of data points, when it comes to site maintenance, repeated failures and outages
• Evaluate overall equipment performance, as stated through OEM warranties, agreements, site operational parameters and vendor- or 3rd -party support agreements.
• Driving cost- and work efficiency projects to ensure that operational spending for sites is optimized
• Identifying single points-of-failure at datacenter locations and provide solutions to overcome these.
• Coordinate, plan, schedule, and supervise Critical Engineering (CE) audits and compliance verifications
• Pertaining to site maintenance, develop operating standards, processes, and procedures, rules and regulations
• Coordinate maintenance activities among sites and track major outstanding planning issues to resolution
• Collaborating and coordinating with multiple business entities (internal and external) to ensure the successful delivery of all maintenance service levels
• Analyzing production operations and initiate corrective actions to ensure operational stability
• Initiate and establish maintenance quality standards for the Datacenter teams and manage those initiatives through to completion
• Learn, live, and coach the Salute culture and values.
• Lead through change and challenge by bringing clarity, generating energy and delivering success
Additional responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
• Estimate cost, time and resource requirements maintenance and other coordination activities
• Analyze and propose solutions with limited information
• Provide knowledge sharing, mentorship and coaching to fellow team members and colleagues
• Interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
• Advanced analytical and quantitative skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills to effectively respond to sensitive and complex issues
• Experience in developing operational and maintenance standards and project tracking/management documents
• Knowledge of and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and ordinances, pertaining to your environment
• The skill to provide oversight to team members for guidance and coaching
• Experience working well under pressure with a proactive approach
• Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a willingness to accept new ideas and procedures
• Experience using Microsoft office tools like Excel, PowerPoint, and Word to create presentations and reports
• Direct operations, technical and engineering personnel to ensure established processes and procedures are followed
• Perform periodic performance audits and evaluations around vendor delivery and quality, according to SLA expectations and budgets
• In collaboration with Site managers and other site colleagues, collect and report operating metrics for sites to track and monitor site performance and efficiency
• Manage relationships with customer, external- and internal teams
• Enhance existing skill sets
• A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 3 years of related experience, or 5 years of data center and/or mission-critical environment-related experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
• Expertise in the operations of mission-critical MEP infrastructure, including UPS Systems, emergency generators, various critical cooling systems, computer room air handlers, and air conditioners, and electrical distribution
• Excellent understanding of various infrastructure redundancy configurations, and the related limitations of each
• A comprehensive understanding of critical environment maintenance management and the challenges of multi-tenant data center occupancy
• Enterprise-level Experience in managing large-scale and complex projects/programs
• Working knowledge of audit and compliance requirements in a large global enterprise
• Financial Management experience and good business acumen
• At least five years’ enterprise-level experience managing physical operations in an IT and/or Critical Environment infrastructure
• At least three years’ experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce
• Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, data analysis, and attention to detail
• Strong French and English verbal and written communication and organization skills
• Must be able to multi-task and project manage many tasks simultaneously
• College or university degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or equivalent experience
Advantageous: Military experience.
The role is a full-time position and is based in Montreal, Quebec. Your salary will be commensurate with experience but is expected to be highly competitive. The opportunity will service regional clients and will include business travel as needed to meet business demands.
If you have what it takes to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, our organization encourages you to apply, and we welcome the opportunity to provide more detail and explore your current situation and interests.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary