Salute Mission Critical
This individual will be responsible for the day to day activities that support data center operations and support of IT systems, network services, business-critical process and procedures that support the delivery of customer products and services. The ideal candidate is a strongly motivated, self-starter who conducts themselves professionally and works under minimal supervision. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience from stacking and racking of servers to battery/power and structured cabling.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects while meeting deadlines and ensuring uptime
- A penchant for leading projects and has the ability to work autonomously under the customer direction, written or verbal, on servers/routers/switches.
The Operations Technician is trained to work on all posts at the assigned site location and is available to work all shifts
Perform simple measuring tasks, such as reading a tape measure, using a level and a square to ensure that installed framing, equipment racks and superstructure are straight, level and square.
Under direction, be able to install superstructure, cable rack, fiber optics raceway, and equipment racks or cabinets.
Understand the universal telecommunications wiring color code, and be able to identify each wire or fiber accordingly.
Be able to correctly terminate data, switch, coaxial, and fiber optic cabling.
Identify cabling and fibers by type, wire size, number of leads, and usage.
Understand minimum bend radius of power, switch, data and coaxial cabling, as well as fiber optic cabling or jumpers.
Properly run cabling in either a subfloor environment or an overhead cable rack environment.
Properly dress and secure cabling and fiber cabling using lacing cord or Velcro strips, and properly label them.
Maintain awareness of surroundings; watch for irregular or unusual conditions
Observe departing personnel and ensures that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
Contribute to communication and awareness of site policies and issues as needed
Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits; control/direct traffic
If your professional growth and compensation trajectory are restricted in any way, consider:
- Stepping into a Data Center Site Representative role with a nationally recognized leader in the Mission Critical market
- Working with an employer who maintains a corporate philosophy to hire only the best
- Who invests in and are unilaterally committed to continuing the enrichment of their employees
If you have what it takes to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment I welcome the opportunity to provide more detail and explore your current situation and interests.
PREFERRED: Military experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $29.00 – $33.00 per hour