Across the data center industry – from deployment, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning – Salute Mission Critical is the industry leader of delivering global data center services executed with military precision.
At Salute, we don’t have employees. We have team members. It’s our culture, and it’s a significant driver of the success we’re able to deliver for our clients. This team-oriented culture is defined by transparent communication, collaborative development and deployment of procedures and best practices, a customer service mindset both internally and externally, and a strong commitment to safety.
Remote Hands Technician
This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day activities that support data center operations and support of IT systems, network services, business critical process and procedures that support the delivery of customer products and services. The ideal candidate is a strongly motivated, self-starter who conducts themselves professionally and works under minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Experience from stacking and racking of servers to battery/power
• Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects while meeting deadlines and ensuring uptime
• A penchant for leading projects and has the ability to work autonomously under the customer direction, written or verbal, on servers/routers/switches.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Supports the delivery of data center services including colocation, telecommunications services, and deployment of additional services to customers and internal business systems.
• Acts as a technical and operational contact for data center customers, vendors, and carriers as it relates to colocation, connectivity, and network products and services.
• Carries out remote hands task under the direction of the Network/Engineering Infrastructure Manager and IT Manager necessary to support internal networks, IT infrastructure, computers, electronics, and telephone systems.
• Conducts activities inside IT and telecommunications rooms or cabinets such as the installation of IT and network hardware, making or running patch cables, and verifying or testing cable paths.
• Coordinates and oversees access to and work within the facility with third-party contractors, vendors, and carriers related to structured cabling installation, circuit delivery and equipment installations in IT and telecommunications rooms and customer space.
• Supports offsite points-of-presence at remote locations and aids in operations, administration, and maintenance of infrastructure, network equipment, and tasks related to the delivery and support of network services.
Overview & Responsibilities
• Working hours 8am – 5pm local time (1hr lunch) – with the flexibility to support low peak hr. maintenance (1am – 6am, 8 hours advanced notice and the contractor is not expected to work regular hours after a maintenance)
• Knowledgeable on cable management
• Knowledge of computer components and basic troubleshooting (A+ & N+ Certifications)
• Access to a car and drive between sites in the same metro area if needed (hard requirement)
• Able to prioritize and manage tickets/projects
• Familiar with Cisco/Juniper/Arista/Infinera OS
• Knowledge of Linux
• Ability to lift 55+ lb. servers/network equipment
• Working knowledge of a data center facility and environment
• Assists w/ capacity and power audits
• Performs data center hardware and inventory audits
• Processes incoming shipment, label packages, and maintaining designated storage
• Travel is required to the nearby cities
If your professional growth and compensation trajectory are restricted in any way, consider –
- Stepping into a role with a nationally recognized leader in the Mission Critical market
- Working with an employer who maintains a corporate philosophy to hire only our nation’s best
- Who invests in and are unilaterally committed to continuing the enrichment of their employees
If you have what it takes to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment we welcome the opportunity to provide more detail and explore your current situation and interests.
Military experience preferred.