Across the data center industry – from deployment, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning – Salute Mission Critical is the industry leader of delivering global data center services executed with military precision.
At Salute, we don’t have employees. We have team members. It’s our culture, and it’s a significant driver of the success we’re able to deliver for our clients. This team-oriented culture is defined by transparent communication, collaborative development and deployment of procedures and best practices, a customer service mindset both internally and externally, and a strong commitment to safety and responsibility.
In close consultation with the datacenter management and Engineers the NOC (Network Operations Center) Lead will manage the team of NOC operators.
The NOC Lead reports directly to the Director Global Data Center
– The NOC Lead ensures proper and timely processes and procedures and execution of activities for the equipment of the datacenter.
– Responsible for scheduling the NOC Operators.
– Writes and implements procedures for the operators and ensures adherence by the NOC operators.
– Manages the European NOC playbook.
-Administers all executed work according to procedures.
– Reports all incidents according to procedures.
-Works effectively and efficiently with others inside the organization.
– Has regular meetings with the Director Global Data Center Support to update on all work in the NOC.
-Supports the datacenter management and Chief Engineers roles.
The NOC Lead is responsible for the team which monitors 24/7/365 the technical installations and infrastructure on the European Datacenters (air-conditioning, UPS, generators, power usage and temperatures).
– Education level complied with by WEB level 4 (WEB = Dutch Adult and Vocational Training Act).
– Basic Safety Course (Dutch: “Veiligheid gezondheid milieu Checklist Aannemers” (VCA)
– Relevant work experience in a datacenter or other critical environment skills
– Availability to work in shifts as NOC Operator back up
– Good oral and written communication skills (Dutch and English required)
– Excellent organizational skills
– Has an understanding of the common technical principles of a datacenter
– Strong ability to diagnose issues
– Knowledge and experience with ticket systems
– Team player