General Construction Laborer
General Summary of the Position: Perform tasks involving physical labor construction projects. An employee will operate a variety of hand and power tools. Employees will clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces and concrete forms, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble, debris, and remove waste materials along with assisting other employees.
1) Perform a variety of jobs involving strenuous manual labor in general construction projects while performing manual work
2) Maintain a clean job site, requiring picking up all tools, equipment while securing job site each day to ensure safety and any theft that may occur.
3) Cleaning and maintenance of all related tools and equipment.
4) Loading and unloading trucks along with hauling and hoisting up materials.
5) Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. All issues should be brought to the attention of the Foreman and the Vice President of HSE.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1) Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies used in construction work.
2) Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
3) Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
4) Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time while performing strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
5) Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
6) Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
7) Ability to understand, follow, and execute written and oral instructions.
8) Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
1) Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and outside conditions that could/may include inclement weather, heat, humidity along with exposure to dust and concrete.
2) Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
3) Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination- i.e. quickly able to move arms and legs.
4) Loud noisy work conditions.
5) Excellent stamina is needed/required.
Education, Training, and Experience:
1) Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and the ability to perform the work required.
2) Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
3) Job duties and requirements may change based on the needs of the scope of work or the season the work will be done/required.
4) Reliable transportation or the ability to get to the job site is required.
5) Minimum 18 years of age. Must be able to pass background and drug test
If you have what it takes to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment I welcome the opportunity to provide more detail and explore your current situation and interests.
PREFERRED: Military experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour