Across the data center industry – from deployment, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning – Salute Mission Critical is the industry leader of delivering global data center services executed with military precision.
At Salute, we don’t have employees. We have team members. It’s our culture, and it’s a significant driver of the success we’re able to deliver for our clients. This team-oriented culture is defined by transparent communication, collaborative development and deployment of procedures and best practices, a customer service mindset both internally and externally, and a strong commitment to safety and responsibility.
This role requires familiarity with electrical engineering projects and initiatives. This includes working cross functionally with design teams, construction, commissioning & vendors.
- Conduct analyses and audits of electrical systems, and lead improvements.
- Prepare electrical specifications and design criteria for retrofits and provide input on future data center design reviews.
- Travel to data center sites for operations supports, engineering studies, electrical systems audits, startup testing, and full commissioning. Participate in equipment failure and power outage incidents and drive Root-Cause-Analysis (RCA).
- Implement solutions broadly across all locations.
- Evaluate data center commissioning scripts and participate in commissioning activities for new and retrofitted data centers.
- Develop and review design standards, specs, and method of procedures (MOP) for consistency and maximum system reliability.
- Review and update data center electrical “as-built” documentation as re-configurations occur.
- Respond to incidents and emergencies.
- Participate in vendor, supplier, and contractor management at each site.
- Review electrical mission critical system changes with local data center operations teams.
- Provide and analyze energy-efficient solutions to minimize power losses.
Minimum Qualifications •
- 2 years professional experience in data center design, construction, operations, and maintenance of critical facilities (or related fields).
- Working knowledge of medium and high voltage (3kV and above) substation design, mission critical power distribution, generator power systems, Building Management Systems, and safety requirements.
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards Strong cross-discipline knowledge of complete critical facility systems.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills. Excellent communication, presentation, project management, and reporting skills.
- Experience in load management at the operations level within a critical facility.
- Strong MEP facility management, computer literate, professional demeanor (talking with customers), professional.
- Previous data center field engineer and/or O&M engineers highly desirable.
- Data Center knowledge of electrical distribution, mechanical systems, stand-by generation, and alarm interpretation from the critical environment. ⇒ NOTE: The Service Provider will be expected to utilize EdgeOS as the primary system.
- Interpret alerts/alarms from the facility, determine course of action via the playbook or Regional Director.
- Schedule preventative/ corrective maintenance and warranty work to subcontractors through EdgeOS Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Administer EdgeOS ticket management, creating/updating/completing work tasks according to specific work procedures.
- Administer and manage Change Control processes through EdgeOS.
- Preventing SLA violations.
- Overlapping shift coverage.
- Process customer requests for logistics and Remote Hands.
- Schedule sub-contractors as required to complete work tasks.
- Manage EdgeOS ticket status for customer and internal purposes such as Remote Hands time entries.
- Upload various Field Services Reports from preventative maintenance and Remote Hands contractors into EdgeOS.
If your professional growth and compensation trajectory are restricted in any way, consider –
- Stepping into a role with a nationally recognized leader in the Mission Critical market
- Working with an employer who maintains a corporate philosophy to hire only our nation’s best
- Who invests in and are unilaterally committed to continuing the enrichment of their employees
If you have what it takes to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment we welcome the opportunity to provide more detail and explore your current situation and interests.
Military experience is preferred