Data Center Technician
- Create and maintain effective customer relationships, with customer satisfaction as the goal.
- Perform physical security walkthroughs, administrator of security sign-in procedures for colocation customers, visitors, and third parties. Escorting to designation work location as needed.
- Monitor, resolve, and escalate issues within critical facilities infrastructure.
- Handle all customer and internal shipping logs and maintaining facility cleanliness. Provide smart-hands assistance as required for multiple customers at various sites within specified SLA response times
- Provide smart-hands assistance for multiple customers within specified SLA response times.
- Moves/Adds/Changes hardware installing including labeling, power connectivity, and network cable connectivity.
- Maintain site security protocols, badging requirements, and data protection procedures. • Update appropriate databases when adding and removing equipment or cross connects (Shipping, Connectivity, Access)
- Participate in ongoing maintenance of process improvements, ticket reconciliation, team training and education.
- Ensure proper documentation, notification, escalation, tracking, and follow up of all incidents and requests.
- Must be highly proactive, self-motivated as needed
- Experience with LAN and wireless network troubleshooting and support.
- Installs cables, connections and cross-connects to data center and customer equipment
- Installs, tests, maintains and labels fiber, cat6 and coax cabling per EIA/TIA standards
- Rack and Stack customer equipment including routers and switches, and manage cabling for these devices
- Maintains knowledge of building infrastructure (ups, generators, HVAC, electrical components, security and surveillance systems, and facilities maintenance)
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications.
- Lift over 50lbs
- Color perception is necessary to perform certain critical aspects of the job
- May be required to work day, evening or night shifts, weekends and holidays
Preferred: Military Experience
Job Type: Full-time