Across the data center industry – from deployment, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning – Salute Mission Critical is the industry leader of delivering global data center services executed with military precision.
At Salute, we don’t have employees. We have team members. It’s our culture, and it’s a significant driver of the success we’re able to deliver for our clients. This team-oriented culture is defined by transparent communication, collaborative development and deployment of procedures and best practices, a customer service mindset both internally and externally, and a strong commitment to safety and responsibility.
The Data Center & Engineering teams are responsible for Data Center operations. The client’s data centers house mission critical systems that support the client’s businesses. These facilities operate 24/7 and risks must be managed to allow for continual operational up-time.
The Data Center Technician will have responsibility for the operations and maintenance at the client’s data center. The candidate will take daily direction from the client’s engineering leadership on-site. Responsibilities include the support of all data center engineering and technology operations, facility and grounds maintenance, and other site support functions. They will be part of a team that is accountable for the operational performance readiness, reliability, and integrity of the mission-critical infrastructure systems and IT systems, which include the following:
Air Handling Units (AHU’s), UPS’s, PDU’s, Generators, Fuel Pumps and Fuel Storage, Switchgear, Utility Feeds, Transfer Switches, Pumps, Water Piping, Fire Detection, Fire Suppression, Access Control, Monitoring, SCADA, and Leak Detection systems.
The candidate must have knowledge of the racking and stacking of servers, the installation of network cables & fiber, and the repair of minor server issues. The successful candidate must have an understanding of how these systems function and be capable of performing corrective measures. This includes resetting alarms, operating breakers and switches, starting back-up systems, etc. This individual will also be required to respond to IT functional team service call tickets and the oversee service contract providers that support the Facility and Technology Infrastructure Systems.
• Understand the engineering design and operational aspects of Data Center Critical Infrastructure Systems and equipment in order to immediately recognize system issues and respond to operational and emergency situations.
• Responsibility for managing the IT work order system to ensure that all internal SLA’s are met.
• Responsibility for compliance with client’s Change Management System.
• Work closely with the Data Center & Engineering & Global Technology Infrastructure Platform teams to provide guidance/expertise on design goals, operational characteristics, and infrastructure systems to ensure efficient, maintainable operations.
• Availability for 24/7/365 coverage and emergency response to infrastructure and IT equipment failures.
• Performing tape rotations and custody transfers.
• Implementing Data Destruction procedures
• Performing inventory management.
• Adherence to all JLL and client standard operating procedures, method of procedures, and emergency response procedures established for the mission critical environments and systems.
• Adherence to the standards and procedures as set forth in the client’s Data Center Procedures Manual and the Data Center Access Control Policies. When noted, suggestions for improvement are encouraged to support client’s value of Innovation.
• Conduct routine and ongoing assessment of the infrastructure systems operations. Perform tests, rounds, and analyze data to assure the proper functioning of all equipment.
• Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) operations and maintenance in a mission critical environment.
• Creation and execution of the preventative maintenance procedures for all critical MEP systems.
• Safely operate the facility in accordance with all applicable government and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrate and enforce safety rules and behaviors.
• Identify, enforce, and assess safety hazards and risks.
• Participate in incident investigations.
• Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
• Monitor pricing and work quality of outside contractors.
• Review monthly Client Service Request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems.
• Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
• Assist site Facility Management team with emergency situations (e.g., fire alarms, chemical spills, hazardous conditions) and take appropriate actions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or state equivalent
• Prefer two years of college or related trade schooling
• Prefer experience in electrician trade or related field
• Prefer experience in HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to perform all work using the proper personnel protective equipment (PPE).
• In strict accordance, ability to perform all applicable safety policies, procedures, and practices.
• Have thorough knowledge of building systems to achieve operating costs – especially energy! – and satisfy customer requirements.
• Demonstrate aptitude for and/or have practical experience with thermodynamic, electrical, and/or mechanical systems, as well as computer-controlled equipment.
• Working knowledge of computer applications, including Word and Excel
PHYSICAL WORK ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires frequent walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, and working/extending overhead, including:
• Walking large, campus-like settings.
• Lifting a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Climbing stairs and navigating rooftops to access equipment.
• Using ladders up to 30 ft and working from heights.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Valid U.S. driver’s license with a clean driving record
If your professional growth and compensation trajectory are restricted in any way, consider –
- Stepping into a role with a nationally recognized leader in the Mission Critical market
- Working with an employer who maintains a corporate philosophy to hire only our nation’s best
- Who invests in and are unilaterally committed to continuing the enrichment of their employees
Preferred: Military Experience