Data Center Structured Maintenance Technician
Available Post: Data Center Logistics \ Structured Maintenance Technician
*Data Center Logistics \ Structured Maintenance Technician will perform Scheduled Preventative Maintenance of Data Center Facilities, Data Center Cleaning, Fiber & Copper Precabling, Rack Deployment, Hot Aisle Containment, Rack Decommissioning, Rack Movements etc.
Shift: Monday – Friday (7:00 am to 4:00 pm with Over Time Possible)
· Operates and maintains equipment, facilities, and systems as needed and/or as assigned to ensure a safe environment. Accurately records and reports work performed. Adheres to trade practices and codes.
· Accesses roof areas, basements, equipment rooms, tunnels, crawl spaces, and other minimally accessible areas regularly. Responds to facility work requests to minimize facility damage
Performs general industrial maintenance including installation of appropriate equipment and devices to ensure proper operation,. (Maintenance can include service and/or repair work on plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, motors, pumps, electrical systems, pneumatic tube systems, lighting, flooring, window coverings, walls, and other systems.
· Obtains and delivers supplies and materials. Performs custodial services in facilities areas daily. Performs snow removal as needed. Assists with moving equipment.
- Knowledge of how to properly utilize power tools is required
- Ability to follow precise instructions
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships with various internal teams
- Must be able to work with a coordinated team while under time to complete task constraints
- Perform material movement, including shipping/receiving and inventory management per standard process
- Stocking deliveries in an organized manner
- Detailed physical inventory tracking and staging
- Performing preventative and general cleaning in a Data Center environment performing the following functions: wiping, sweeping, mopping, dusting, and vacuuming
- Perform cycle audits to ensure all inventory controls are met
- High attention to detail, disciplined, and willingness to learn with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to lift over 75 pounds.
- Experience operating heavy-load movement equipment (pallet jacks, chassis lifts, etc.)
- Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructure components
- Construction experience
- Military Service