Across the data center industry – from deployment, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning – Salute Mission Critical is the industry leader of delivering global data center services executed with military precision.
At Salute, we don’t have employees. We have team members. It’s our culture, and it’s a significant driver of the success we’re able to deliver for our clients. This team-oriented culture is defined by transparent communication, collaborative development and deployment of procedures and best practices, a customer service mindset both internally and externally, and a strong commitment to safety and responsibility.
The Data Center Site Technician (MSO) is responsible, as part of a team, for ensuring that all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center is operating at peak efficiency. This involves both planned preventative maintenance of equipment, daily corrective work, and emergency response to emergent issues. The MSO primarily interacts with Data Center Operators (DCOs), clients, and vendors. Data center equipment that supports mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% uptime. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, emergency diesel generators, electrical switchgear, UPSs, PDUs, AHUs, chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatment systems, pumps, motors, VFDs, and building automation systems, and a basic understanding of this equipment would be preferred.
The MSO also provides comprehensive data center white space support for IT infrastructure, which may include monitoring, troubleshooting, reporting, and day-to-day maintenance – all of this being site-dependent and as per the service level agreements with our clients. MSOs are also responsible for using event monitoring and management systems to provide notifications and escalations to stakeholders during service outages.
· Basic knowledge of site facility infrastructure regarding power, thermal management and associated systems.
· Working knowledge of facility equipment including, but not limited to, pumps, compressors, CRACs, UPS, generators, switch gear, BMS, life-safety systems, security systems and more.
· Work with senior colleagues, team members, vendors and other stakeholders to test and install data center infrastructure equipment and services.
· Work closely with senior staff to ensure that operational services functionality meets or exceeds customer expectations for performance, reliability, escalation and communication, as per SLA.
· Work closely with vendors to resolve service-affecting incidents and/or outages.
· Troubleshoot infrastructure and equipment problems, placing service calls when problems remain unresolved.
· Provide data center white space support to managed services, including, but not limited to:
o routers and switches
o other customer or self-owned digital infrastructure
· Perform trouble isolation and resolution as needed.
· Perform maintenance as needed/directed.
· Perform day-to-day operations, functional maintenance on infrastructure equipment to ensure the reliability and resilience of the data center environment, as per checklists and procedures.
· Perform consolidated event management for all monitored equipment at the data center site.
· Provide monitoring and overall support, ensuring successful operation of all site facility and other mission-critical equipment infrastructure (Generators, UPS, Thermal Management, Electrical infrastructure, etc.)
· Experience from stacking and racking of servers to battery/power and structured cabling.
· Generate end user performance reports as needed.
· Troubleshoots and resolves client-side problems, when so required.
· Produce reports with metrics on service requests, problem management, backup and statistics, number of events for internal and external stakeholders.
· Monitor capacity utilization.
· Manages/Monitors physical access to data centers.
· Successfully execute Emergency Operating Procedures (EOPs), when so required at site.
· Trains new staff on all processes and procedures that relate to all of the above.
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be able to logically analyze, isolate and resolve site and customer-facing service issues. Proficient in monitoring and troubleshooting.
· Good English communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
· Proven track record of success and delivering results.
· Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, conducive to team development.
· Physical work ability to lift 18-23kgs (40-50lbs) on a regular basis, and able to use server lift or pallet jacks.
· Military experience would be an advantage.
If your professional growth and compensation trajectory are restricted in any way, consider –
- Stepping into a role with a nationally recognized leader in the Mission Critical market
- Working with an employer who maintains a corporate philosophy to hire only our nation’s best
- Who invests in and are unilaterally committed to continuing the enrichment of their employees
If you have what it takes to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment we welcome the opportunity to provide more detail and explore your current situation and interests.
Military experience is preferred