Full time/Part time, permanent
We look for suitably skilled individuals, but it’s not the only selection criteria that we apply. We also search for and want to find talent, irrespective of qualifications. If you possess some of the skills, but believe you have the aptitude, attitude and capability to learn and acquire the additional skills and attributes for a role that we’re recruiting, then we’d like to hear from you. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there – that’s how many of today’s data center professionals started.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Multi-Skilled Operator/Technician’s primary responsibility is to complete all tasks as directed by their respective manager with minimum supervision and to report any condition affecting building services and tenant comfort or safety. Specific areas of responsibility include data center services, preventive maintenance, equipment monitoring, and support of IT systems and services (to a limited degree), business-critical process and procedures. The primary focus will be within the facilities operational support environment, covering electrical and mechanical/HVAC technical disciplines. The secondary responsibility will be executing project-based work ranging from mechanical, electrical, and operational support across multiple clients in multiple North American locations.
The ideal candidate will possess the majority or all the following attributes:
- Place SAFETY at the top of anything and everything that they do – without fail.
- Willingness and capability to learn additional skills and transfer their own knowledge to others.
- Strong aptitude to successfully deliver results at a high level of expectation.
- Focus on the tasks and activities given to them and remain consistently focused.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects while meeting deadlines and ensuring uptime.
- A penchant for successfully executing tasks and projects.
- Ability to work autonomously under leadership direction, written or verbal.
- Work independently where/when such work is permitted.
- Perform their professional duties as a member of a team, being both a leader and a follower, depending on the situation.
- Handle circumstances that are outside their comfort zone in a clear and methodical manner, without impacting safety, quality and services.
- Follow instructions as provided in SOPs, MOPs and EOPs (“xOPs”).
- Where required and, under supervision, contribute to the refinement and/or improvement of site documentation.
- Speak up and be heard when matters do not look correct and when there is any possibility of impact to matters regarding safety.
- Evaluate their own deliverables and those of others in the relentless pursuit of continuous operational improvement.
- Think on their feet, sometimes under pressure.
· Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in facilities systems.
· Complete planned and ad-hoc preventive maintenance work assignments, requiring your skill, and under direction of several engineering, mechanical, electrical and other technical trades
· Conduct periodic inspections of building systems, i.e., HVAC, electrical distribution, maintain mechanical equipment rooms to ensure clean and safe conditions
· Rapid response, investigation, and management of indoor emergency situations and air quality complaints.
· Have a complete working knowledge of creating, closing and tracking “work requests” (WR). Initiate or respond to work orders, follow-up and verify completion of work.
· Monitor performance/note deficiencies of service contractors and recommend changes as necessary.
· Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
· Supports the delivery of data center services, including colocation, telecommunications services, and deployment of additional services to customers and internal business systems.
· Acts as an operational contact for data center customers, vendors, and carriers as it relates to colocation, connectivity, and network products and services.
· Coordinates and oversees access to and work within the facility with third-party contractors, vendors, and carriers related to structured cabling installation, circuit delivery and equipment installations in IT and telecommunications rooms and customer space.
· Supports offsite points-of-presence at remote locations and aids in operations, administration, and maintenance of infrastructure, network equipment, and tasks related to the delivery and support of network services.
· To a limited degree, execute tasks under the direction of the Network/Engineering leadership and IT Manager necessary to support internal networks, IT infrastructure, computers, electronics, and telephone systems.
· To a limited degree, conducts activities inside IT and telecommunications rooms or cabinets such as the installation of IT and network hardware, making or running patch cables, and verifying or testing cable paths.
This role is for an individual who wants to learn and grow their career in the critical environment of the data center industry. This person has an aptitude to gain knowledge and expand their own capability in a line of work that is rewarding to those willing to put in the effort. This individual works on all posts at the assigned site location and is available to work all shifts.
For this position the individual must be willing to work shifts, possibly on a multi-week rotation schedule, between days and nights to include some holidays. Also, this position will require travel (25%-50%).
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· This is an intermediate-level facility-focused position for a person with an aptitude to learn and grow in the field of technical operations and maintenance support of electrical and HVAC systems.
· Good observation skills and problem-solving ability.
Advantageous (but not required)
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the operation, installation and maintenance of data center critical equipment.
· Building systems with a technical understanding and knowledge of HVAC and electrical equipment and components
· Additional experience in plumbing, fire/life safety, and associated systems.
· Knowledge of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units, and CRAC units.
· Strong observation skills and problem-solving ability
Step up to the challenge and make that change!
The role is a full-time position, and your base salary will be commensurate with experience but is expected to be highly competitive. If your professional growth and compensation trajectory is restricted in any way, consider –
· Stepping into a Technical Support role with a nationally recognized leader in the Mission Critical market
· Working with an employer who maintains a corporate philosophy to hire only our nation’s best
· Who invests in and are unilaterally committed to continuing the enrichment of their employees