Across the data center industry – from deployment, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning – Salute Mission Critical is the industry leader of delivering global data center services executed with military precision.
At Salute, we don’t have employees. We have team members. It’s our culture, and it’s a significant driver of the success we’re able to deliver for our clients. This team-oriented culture is defined by transparent communication, collaborative development and deployment of procedures and best practices, a customer service mindset both internally and externally, and a strong commitment to safety and responsibility.
The Data Center Security Supervisor is responsible for reducing risk, responding to incidents, and managing overall direction & leadership of the site security team. This position will support and execute physical security programs, initiatives, processes, and best practices to build a safe and secure environment. The Security Supervisor will build strong cross-functional partnerships across the data center team and the client by communicating team goals, wins and opportunities to maximize safe and secure work environments.
This position will be responsible for managing security operations at a given site and may take on other responsibilities based on subject matter expertise.
Core Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Directly leads the on-site security team at the data center
- Develops and maintains local standards and procedures to ensure execution of Global Physical Security strategies to include enforcement of business conduct and integrity standards, employee safety and security, investigations, crisis response, business continuity, and security and government partnerships
- Ensure all assigned personnel maintain up to date required certifications to include but not limited to security guard/officer training and certification
- Regularly communicates updates to key partners on incidents, emerging risks, and other issues that may impact data center operations, employees, or vendors
- Establishes and monitors performance metrics to determine team effectiveness: budget management, performance metrics, and contract management
- Deliver training on security topics, assist in the coordination of security services to support planned and unplanned operations, and support incident investigation efforts
- 5+ years of site security management experience
- Valid security guard/officer license, as required for work location
- As a condition of employment, the employee must successfully complete a background investigation
- Planning, organizing, and motivating high performing teams
- Experience drafting SOP in technical and non-technical formats
- Experience presenting both extemporaneously and formal settings
- Experience with emergency procedure protocols and regulatory interfaces
- Knowledge in physical security strategies, principles, standards, policies, and procedures
- Experience with security technologies (Required: Genetec system experience) including Video
Surveillance, Access Control, and Incident Management Systems, Security Operations Centers
- Military Service
- Bachelor’s degree
- ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP) and/or Physical Security Professional (PSP) certifications
- Safety & Security management experience in a Data Center environment