Across the data center industry – from deployment, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning – Salute Mission Critical is the industry leader of delivering global data center services executed with military precision.
At Salute, we don’t have employees. We have team members. It’s our culture, and it’s a significant driver of the success we’re able to deliver for our clients. This team-oriented culture is defined by transparent communication, collaborative development and deployment of procedures and best practices, a customer service mindset both internally and externally, and a strong commitment to safety and responsibility.
Data Center Security personnel work within the Security Operations Center (SOC) to:
• Control and monitor data
• Administer the access control system permitting and terminating access to the data center
• Monitor security alarms for intrusions or unauthorized access
• Monitor closed-circuit television (CCTV) camera images of activity within the data center to detect improper or unsafe acts
• Manage all security-related issues from the SOC, including: o Issuing photo identification (ID) access badges and visitor badges, issuing and retrieving metal loaner keys
• Focus on Customer Service, including greeting and checking in all arrivals.
• Observe and report any suspicious activity
• Maintain awareness of surroundings to promote physical security and safety; watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
• Contribute to communication and awareness of security policies and issues as needed; warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles; escalate infractions when noticed
• Enforce on-site and global standard operating procedures
• Ensure company policies are followed
• Perform to the best of your abilities to meet KPIs outlined by the Security Manager
• Support Security Officer Daily Tasking and Activities
• Military Service, or previous Security experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience in a Data Center environment
• Preferred First Aid, CPR, and AED certification
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365, Service Now, RS2, ProxiGuard, and various web-based applications.
• Ability to obtain a Security Officer License (if applicable)
• Extensive background check.
• Ten-panel drug screening.
• Basic First Aid, CPR & AED certification
• Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance; Deescalates difficult or emotional customer situations; Follows through on commitments.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems promptly; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Professionalism – Tactfully approaches others; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
If your professional growth and compensation trajectory are restricted in any way, consider –
- Stepping into a role with a nationally recognized leader in the Mission Critical market
- Working with an employer who maintains a corporate philosophy to hire only our nation’s best
- Who invests in and are unilaterally committed to continuing the enrichment of their employees
If you have what it takes to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment we welcome the opportunity to provide more detail and explore your current situation and interests.
Military experience is preferred