Across the data center industry – from deployment, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning – Salute Mission Critical is the industry leader of delivering global data center services executed with military precision.
At Salute, we don’t have employees. We have team members. It’s our culture, and it’s a significant driver of the success we’re able to deliver for our clients. This team-oriented culture is defined by transparent communication, collaborative development and deployment of procedures and best practices, a customer service mindset both internally and externally, and a strong commitment to safety and responsibility.
As a Data Center Security Officer, you will conduct unarmed foot and/or vehicle patrol (interior and/or exterior), control access and egress, monitor closed circuit televisions and alarm systems, compose reports, deter criminal activity, and misconduct, and perform other duties as specified in post orders. The Data Center Security Officer is trained to work on all posts, at the assigned site location, and is available to work all shifts in a 24/7 operational environment. Security Officers are often the first and last interaction point for a facility, therefore, the ideal candidate will possess excellent professionalism and customer service skills.
· Patrol exterior grounds of the facility.
· Observe and report and suspicious activity
· Maintain awareness of surroundings to promote physical security and safety; watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
· Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensures that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
· Contribute to communication and awareness of security policies and issues as needed; warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles
· Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits; control/direct traffic; observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
• Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license
• Must speak English and Dutch
• Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
• Valid DPS Guard Card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying
• As a condition of employment, the employee must successfully complete a background investigation
• Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
• Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative and wireless technology at client specific sites
• Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
• Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a willingness to accept new ideas and procedures
• Exceptional dependability is a must
• Must possess the confidence to enforce established client/facility rules, policies, and regulations when faced with perceived or actual pressure to act in the interest of quick/easy
· Military Service
· Experience with security technologies including Video Surveillance, Access Control, and Incident Management Systems, Security Operations Centers
If your professional growth and compensation trajectory are restricted in any way, consider –
- Stepping into a role with a nationally recognized leader in the Mission Critical market
- Working with an employer who maintains a corporate philosophy to hire only our nation’s best
- Who invests in and are unilaterally committed to continuing the enrichment of their employees
If you have what it takes to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment we welcome the opportunity to provide more detail and explore your current situation and interests.
Military experience is preferred