As a Data Center Security Officer, you will conduct unarmed foot and/or vehicle patrol (interior and/or exterior), control access and egress, monitor closed circuit televisions and alarm systems, compose reports, deter criminal activity and misconduct, and perform other duties as specified in post orders. The Data Center Security Officer is trained to work on all posts at the assigned site location and is available to work all shifts
- Patrol exterior grounds of the facility.
- Observe and report and suspicious activity
- Maintain awareness of surroundings to promote physical security and safety; watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensures that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Contribute to communication and awareness of security policies and issues as needed; warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits; control/direct traffic; Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
• Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent for non-driving
• Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
• Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
• As a condition of employment, the employee must successfully complete a background investigation
• Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
• Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
• Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently