The Operations Manager (OM) position will give you the opportunity to expand your skills and experience working on mission-critical infrastructure service delivery for diverse wholesale and colocation data center clients. This role coordinates and manages the teams responsible for providing technical, telecom, security, mechanical, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) services and operations for Salute’s diverse portfolio.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and a minimum 5 years of related leadership experience, or 8 years of data center related experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- Experience leading teams in a fast paced and ever-changing dynamic environment
- Ability to travel up to 25% to meet with teams and customers
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to effectively respond to sensitive and complex issues
- Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a willingness to accept new ideas and procedures
- Experience using Microsoft office tools like Excel, PowerPoint, and Word to create presentations and reports
The ability to:
- Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Solve complex problems, discuss operations with clients, and relay need to field teams
- Estimate cost of client installations
- Maintain project budget requirements with strict attention to upstream implications
- Analyze and propose solutions with limited information
- Interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Create effective presentations and communicate with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate commitment to customer service for both coworkers and customers
- Develop operating and maintenance standards and project tracking/management documents
- Provide oversight to disparate team members for guidance and coaching
- Work well under pressure with a proactive approach
- Direct operations and engineering personnel to ensure established processes and procedures are followed
- Perform periodic audits of maintenance MOPs and equipment SOPs to ensure quality and accuracy, and conformance with company standards
- Perform periodic audits of site Change Management activity, to ensure accuracy of information and quality of supporting documentation
- Collect and report operating metrics for sites to track and monitor site performance and efficiency
- Coordinate major activities among sites and track major outstanding issues to resolution
- Provide input for the development of client improvement solutions to include accurate descriptions, savings potential, and cost estimates
- Develop operating standards, processes, and procedures, rules, and regulations
- Manage relationships with customer, property management and internal teams
- Monitors P&L performance for assigned project(s). Overall financial responsibility rests with the OM.
Keys to Success
To excel in this role, you will need experience leading teams in a dynamic and high operational tempo environment. You will be in front of customers, so you’ll also need to be able to present yourself well and have great communication skills. You’ll take full ownership of the site/team operations for which you’re responsible. It will be important to take a customer-centric approach, building a sense of collaborative partnership, and offering guidance and coaching to your subordinate Project Managers.
The role is a full-time position, and your salary will be commensurate with experience but is expected to be highly competitive. The opportunity will service regional clients and will include business travel as needed to meet business demands.