Data Center Infrastructure Technician
This individual will be responsible for the day to day activities that support data center operations and support of IT systems, network services, business critical process and procedures that support the delivery of customer products and services. The ideal candidate is a strongly motivated, self-starter who conducts themselves professionally and works under minimal supervision. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience from stacking and racking of servers to battery/power and structured cabling.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects while meeting deadlines and ensuring uptime
- A penchant for leading projects and has the ability to work autonomously under the customer direction, written or verbal, on servers/routers/switches.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Supports the delivery of data center services including colocation, telecommunications services, and deployment of additional services to customers and internal business systems.
• Acts as a technical and operational contact for data center customers, vendors, and carriers as it relates to colocation, connectivity, and network products and services.
• Carries out remote hands task under the direction of the Network/Engineering Infrastructure Manager and IT Manager necessary to support internal networks, IT infrastructure, computers, electronics, and telephone systems.
• Conducts activities inside IT and telecommunications rooms or cabinets such as the installation of IT and network hardware, making or running patch cables, and verifying or testing cable paths.
• Coordinates and oversees access to and work within the facility with third-party contractors, vendors, and carriers related to structured cabling installation, circuit delivery and equipment installations in IT and telecommunications rooms and customer space.
• Supports offsite points-of-presence at remote locations and aids in operations, administration, and maintenance of infrastructure, network equipment, and tasks related to the delivery and support of network services.
Qualifications & Required Skills:
• 1-2 years experience working in data center environments or similar constructs.
• Proven experience in managing structured cable plants and working with carrier services and products (Ethernet, DWDM, CWDM, MPLS, fiber, T1, POTS etc.)
• Fluent knowledge of structured cabling, testing, and labeling.
• Experience operating production and mission-critical networks and systems.
• Presents and conducts self in a professional manner; promotes a positive company image.
• Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to lift material, IT servers and equipment in execution of the responsibilities and scope of work described.
The role is a full-time position and your salary will be commensurate with experience but is expected to be highly competitive. The opportunity is located in Cheyenne, WY and will include business travel as needed to meet business demands. If your professional growth and compensation trajectory are restricted in any way, consider –
- Stepping into a role with an internationally recognized leader in the Mission Critical market
- Working with an employer who maintains a corporate philosophy to hire only the best
- Who invests in and are unilaterally committed to continuing the enrichment of their employees
If you have what it takes to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment I welcome the opportunity to provide more detail and explore your current situation and interests.
- Military experience