Across the data center industry – from deployment, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning – Salute Mission Critical is the industry leader of delivering global data center services executed with military precision.
At Salute, we don’t have employees. We have team members. It’s our culture, and it’s a significant driver of the success we’re able to deliver for our clients. This team-oriented culture is defined by transparent communication, collaborative development and deployment of procedures and best practices, a customer service mindset both internally and externally, and a strong commitment to safety
The Data Center Field Engineer is responsible for ensuring that all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center is operating at peak efficiency. This involves both planned preventative maintenance of equipment, daily corrective work, and emergency response to emergent issues. The Data Center Field Engineer serves as a technical resource reporting to the Chief Engineer and third party vendors. Data center equipment that supports mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% uptime. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, standby diesel generators, switchgear, UPSs, PDUs, AHUs, chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatment systems, pumps, motors, VFDs, and building automation systems.
- Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in facilities systems.
- Complete planned and ad-hoc preventive maintenance work assignments requiring the skill and direction of several engineering, mechanical, and maintenance trades
- Conduct periodic inspections of building systems, i.e., HVAC, electrical distribution, Maintain mechanical equipment rooms to ensure clean and safe conditions
- Rapid response, investigation, and management of indoor emergency situations and air quality complaints
- Have a complete working knowledge on creating, closing and tracking “work requests” (WR). Initiate or respond to work orders, follow-up and verify completion of work
- Monitor performance/note deficiencies of service contractors and recommend changes as necessary
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- A minimum of 2 years of directly related experience in the operation, installation and maintenance of data center critical equipment, building systems with in-depth technical understanding and knowledge of all HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety, and control systems
- High school diploma or College Degree
- Knowledge of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units and CRAC units.
- Good observation skills and problem-solving ability
The role is a full-time position and your base salary will be commensurate with experience but is expected to be highly competitive. The opportunity is located in Amsterdam and will include business travel as needed to meet business demands but will likely be nominal.
If your professional growth and compensation trajectory are restricted in any way, consider –
- Stepping into a role with a nationally recognized leader in the Mission Critical market
- Working with an employer who maintains a corporate philosophy to hire only our nation’s best
- Who invests in and are unilaterally committed to continuing the enrichment of their employees
If you have what it takes to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment we welcome the opportunity to provide more detail and explore your current situation and interests.
Military experience is preferred.