Data Center Facilities Technician
The Data Center Facilities Technician (FT) is responsible for ensuring that all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center is operating at peak efficiency. This involves both planned preventative maintenance of equipment, daily corrective work, and emergency response to emergent issues. The FT serves as an expert technical resource reporting to the Regional Director and interacting with onsite Engineering Operations Technicians (EOT) and any third party vendors. They are expected to be a singular focal point for all facility operations within a given data center. Data center equipment that supports mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% uptime. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, switchgear, UPSs, PDUs, AHUs, chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatment systems, pumps, motors, VFDs, and building automation systems.
- Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in facilities systems.
- Complete planned and ad-hoc preventive maintenance work assignments requiring the skill and direction of several engineering, mechanical, and maintenance trades
- Conduct periodic inspections of building systems, i.e., HVAC, electrical distribution, Maintain mechanical equipment rooms to ensure clean and safe conditions
- Rapid response, investigation, and management of indoor emergency situations and air quality complaints
- Assist Facilities Manager in handling request for service
- Have a complete working knowledge on creating, closing and tracking “work requests” (WR). Initiate or respond to work orders, follow-up and verify completion of work
- Monitor performance/note deficiencies of service contractors and recommend changes as necessary
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- A minimum of 2 years of directly related experience in the operation, installation and maintenance of data center critical equipment, building systems with in-depth technical understanding and knowledge of all HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety, and control systems
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two+ years experience in electrical systems, refrigeration and/or HVAC. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units and CRAC units.
- Good observation skills and problem-solving ability.
The role is a full-time position and your base salary will be commensurate with experience but is expected to be highly competitive. The opportunity is located in Omaha, NE.
If your professional growth and compensation trajectory are restricted in any way, consider –
- Stepping into a leadership role with an internationally recognized leader in the Mission Critical market
- Working with an employer who maintains a corporate philosophy to hire only the best
- Who invests in and are unilaterally committed to continuing the enrichment of their employees
If you have what it takes to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment I welcome the opportunity to provide more detail and explore your current situation and interests.
PREFERRED: Military experience
Job Type: Full-time