Account Executive – Data Center Infrastructure Services
This position is responsible for the sale of services to Salute Mission Critical customers. Utilizing account information and sales pipeline reports to provide Salute customers with opportunities to repair, update, upgrade, secure, and maintain their mission-critical systems and operational efficiency. The Account Executive also pursues new clients within the geographic territory and/or account lists as outlined by leadership. Contributions expected to include support of the business unit and effective collaboration within the organization to achieve organizational goals. General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering to develop successful strategic sales pursuit plans of targeted accounts
- Pursuing new customer relationships to achieve projected revenue growth, conducting cold calls and professional networking.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers, partners, and coworkers.
- Gathering prospect requirements and participating in technical solution designs.
- Developing professional presentations, correspondence, and responding to RFPs.
- Creating and articulating well-structured sales proposals based on customer needs and desires.
- Remaining up-to-date on current industry trends, along with new products and services.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for any and all matters specific to account pursuits
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships by regularly meeting their expectations
- Provide soft handoffs to other Salute Departments to ensure customer satisfaction
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives through cross-functional working relationships within Salute
- Analyze customer needs; provide recommendations and create quotes
- Develop recommendations for improved customer operations and develop and deliver proposals in a timely manner.
- Forecast and track opportunities
- Drive successful outcomes with assigned clients against a defined quota on a national/international basis
- Manage sensitive issues and escalate as needed; with appropriate follow up
Qualifications and Skills
- Communicate at a high level in verbal and written exchanges; demonstrate ease, ability to impact indecision and conflict
- Customer focus; builds effective relationships, identifies customer expectations, sees issues from their point of view, offers practical recommendations
- Ethics and Integrity; possess a strong set of core values and beliefs consistent with social, ethical and organizational principles
- Facilitation skills; uses a variety of techniques and tools to conduct group discussion and to assist in group problem solving and decision making
- Listening; gives attention to the speaker, demonstrates non-verbal cues showing interest and responds to information or questions as appropriate
- Perseverance and flexibility; demonstrated persistence and utilization of alternate behaviors in the face of barriers to plans and schedules
- Personal accountability; accepts responsibility for own actions; realizes learning opportunities
- Problem-solving and planning skills; develop paths to desired outcomes including sequencing, feedback points, and time estimates
- Results-oriented; drives behavior to emphasize achievement
Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities at a time while maintaining strict attention to detail
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 5+ years of account management experience
- Military Service