IT asset managers and data center managers rely on Salute to provide systematic removal of IT assets and equipment. We routinely decommission servers and racks, SANs, network gear, cabling, telecom equipment, end-user equipment raised floors, A/C, UPS and overhead racks. Support services include cable removal/mining, lease returns, data destruction, inventory reporting, packing and shipping and asset resell and recycling. Know your data and reputation are secure as we meet NIST 800-88 r1, HMG IA Standard No. 5 and DIN-66399 and use NAID certified shredding equipment.
Functions in this area include the following and can be tailored to meet your specific needs:
- Project planning – from beginning to end, we work with you to ensure proper management of scope, schedule and budget. We ensure transparency with clear expectations and continuous updates.
- Asset inventory – we physically discover and validate against your asset list, and comply with audit and reporting requirements, including providing Certificates of Data Destruction as required
- Chain of custody tracking – you’ll receive detailed tracking and documentation to comply with all internal and external reporting requirements
- Unracking/disassembly – our methodical workflows ensure efficiency and accountability throughout the process
- Cabling mining – per your requirements we identify and remove unused legacy cables that could negatively impact the production environment
- IT asset disposition – our detailed documentation and disciplined process management produces results that you can rely on
- Data destruction – per your requirements to include degaussing, crushing, erasure or shredding, we recommend this key step while equipment is still in your custody
- Pack equipment – completed per your requirements to ensure appropriate handling and protect assets from damage through to final disposition
- Ship equipment – ensure cost-effective and timely delivery, taking advantage of detailed logistics planning capabilities
- Asset sales – coordinate as requested with buyers to achieve maximum returns
- Environmentally compliant recycling – as requested, Salute will coordinate with an environmentally responsible recycling center that is certified to ISO 14001, ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and R2 standards to ensure secure and responsible recycling.